There’s something about lemonade in the summer that makes everything seem just… perfect. There’s all kinds of recipes out there that promise the best lemonade ever. Some of them even require basic cooking, like making a syrup of sugar and water. Here’s your fast guide to a lemonade that all the kids in your neighborhood will love. Try it at your next lemonade stand, and watch the line form.
This recipe is for a pitcher of lemonade that serves 6-10 kids.
- Rinse a half pint of strawberries. Cut the strawberries in half, place in a plastic bag, and pop in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Mix one can of yellow frozen lemonade concentrate with three cans of water.
- Stir, loosening all the clumps of pulp
- Slice one lime and add to the lemonade. (Watch your fingers, or ask a grown up for help, kids!) This gives your lemonade some extra flavor and color, too.
- Pour in the frozen strawberries along with 1 cup of ice. This will keep your lemonade cold, and as the strawberries “melt” they will flavor the lemonade and add a bit of color.
There you have it! Easy peasy…lemon squeezy!
Now, feel free to share your favorite cookie recipe with us!